Monday, June 09, 2008

Talons!

Saturday was my birthday (you didn't call, you didn't write... I see how you are). My bride and I celebrated by going to a Tulsa Talons football game. :)

Hut! Hut!Ah, I like Arena Football. It's not exactly the A-List of pro football, but the arena is small. Even at 10-15 rows back, you can see faces, hear collisions, everything. You can see the action so well, it's almost like being at home. Except, at the games, there's the possibility of having beer spilled on you.

Best seat in the house?We saw the cutest little "Swoop" doll. You can see him there on the left, sitting on that girl's knee. On her knee. The doll. No, not the girl... focus, people!

Anyway, Swoop is the Talon's mascot. I decided that I wanted one. We went by the merchandise table on our way out. Little Swoop was $20. I decided he wasn't worth $20.

Orville Clarence Redenbacher as a childWe also had some in-game entertainment from the little genius on our right. He turned a bucket of popcorn upside down... I saw butter and salt and crumbs pour out. Then without hesitation, he put the bucket on his head.

I have to say, in all honesty... I wish I'd thought of it first.

The other team had a kicker named Blanco who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He missed every extra point, and at least one kickoff went sideways into the stands.

Very near us were some True Believers with a whiteboard. Once Blanco started to prove his "worth", these guys would write little inpirational messages on the whiteboard. Then they'd hold it up where the other team could see it. The two messages I saw were, "Blanco is the kicker of the year", and "Blanco is shooting blancos."

Ah, fun. Too bad *you* didn't get to go. :)

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Well just think that you didn't have to wash that fake butter out of your shirts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home