Monday, June 06, 2011

Ben Franklin

Ben Franklin might be one of the most interesting historical figures ever. I base that assumption on a single source.


He might also have had something to do with early American government and electricity, but WHO CARES.

Ben Franklin occasionally wrote short satirical humor pieces. Wow... I love this man. Plus, the pages of this book smell slightly of boiled cabbage, which I thought was a nice touch. Every time I crack open the book to read, my wife gags and steps outside.

I don't know if reading satire from the 1700's will make me a better writer, but it *is* exposing me to words that aren't common to most modern Americans. Words like "Farthing". Yes, it's a real word. And yes, my good friend Ben capitalized the first four letters of it.

I love this man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home