Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jeff The Interviewer

I got to sit in on an interview! I make a great interviewer.

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
First I let the other interviewers speak for a minute. When it was my turn, the *real* questions started.

"What's your astrological sign?"

Everybody looked at me funny. "Do not doubt my methods!", I shouted.

I turned my attention back to the candidate.

"What are some of *my* favorite toys?" The candidate stammered for a moment. "You really should research these things before coming into an interview," I warned him.

I continued. "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" The candidate blinked rapidly. "Uh... African or European?"

How frequently do you bring donuts for your beloved co-workers?
I smiled. Very good. He's getting the hang of this.

"If the office was on fire, would you save the web servers or the office furniture?"

"Uh... I'd make sure you are OK first."

"Excellent answer."

I wound up recommending him for the position. He's a quick learner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home