Monday, May 16, 2011

Policy Addendum

I'm gonna need a bigger FIFO
For years, I've operated on a first in / first out "HeyJeff" policy.

As best I can, I deal with the ad-hock stuff that gets thrown at me, in the order in which it was thrown at me.

I'm thinking now that I need to allow for bribes.

I figure, why not? I give, you give, we both get something... what's the harm, right?

I figure, a HeyJeff that comes with a coffee offering is going to get priority over anything that came before it. A HeyJeff that comes with a cheap plastic McDonald's toy will be completed within the hour. A HeyJeff that comes with vague "I owe you" favors will be shuffled down to the bottom of the list. Hard currency only, so to speak.

Combining gifts is also acceptable.
I accept coffee, backrubs, chocolate candies, stickers, Lego... you get the idea.

It's short because I ran outta jokes. It happens.

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

You know, the process for legally changing your name isn't all that expensive or difficult.

"HeyJeff McClung" has a certain ring to it. Signing checks might be a pain in the hinder, however. At least everyone will get your name right.

Alternatively, you could change your name to "Habib". If only to hear someone shout "Hey Habib!" across a crowded room.

Hmm...

Hey Jeff, don't make it bad
Take some sad code and lose your temper
Remember to take SMCS into your heart
Then you'll know it won't get better

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

(Sung to the tune of Hey Jude, btw.)

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Heh. You've still got that stuck in your head, don't you? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home