Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Being Awesome

Sometimes we Programmers end up working on the same files. This is fine as long as we all communicate with each other... otherwise we over-write each other and things get confusing.

I had to edit a file that I knew Big Dawg was also working on. I sent an email to the group, saying "I have made a change to [file]," and a few other technical details.

Obviously, this disrupted Big Dawg's work a bit. He gave me a short, slightly-annoyed reply:

Hate! :)
>
> I have made a change to [file]...

I was feeling punchy, so I replied to his email.

I'd take the time to mock your distress publicly, but I'm too busy being friggin' awesome over here. :)
>
> Hate! :)
> >
> > I have made a change to [file]...

Then things got hurtful.

I'll let that pass since I know how much effort it takes for you to be awesome. :P
>
> I'd take the time to mock your distress publicly, but I'm too busy being friggin' awesome over here. :)
> >
> > Hate! :)
> > >
> > > I have made a change to [file]...

I might have continued the exchange, but there was no point. Big Dawg could hear me laughing from over in his cubical, so he knew he'd won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home