Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tastes Like Ice

We had a potluck at work. Among other things, I was supposed to bring ice.

I stopped by a gas station. Some folks were loading ice bags into the freezer. "Can I just grab a couple of those off the cart?" "Sure!", the lady of the crew replied. "Reddy Ice tastes great!"

I blinked. "Uh, thanks. But we plan to dilute the cubes with soda pop if that's OK."

This didn't seem to faze the ice lady, so I moved on to the front counter. "Just those two bags?", he asked. I nodded. He grinned and then shouted at me, "Reddy ice tastes great!"

"You know, you've already made the sale. You don't need to shout slogans at me."

I've never had slogans shouted at me outside of a Subway restaurant.

The ice did seem to taste decent, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home