Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Darn You

M16 was out some last week. As I walked past his empty desk, I decided that the office was a little too quiet. It was time to pay homage one of M16's most adorable quirks.

I sat down in M16's chair and turned to face the rest of the office. I thought back to some stories that he's shared... stories about a gentleman who's been annoying him lately. The words came back to me. I can do this, I told myself. I can re-create a little of that M16 magic.

I impersonated M16's voice as best I could and then recited, verbatim, one of his more recent stories.

"Darn you Doofy Darn you Doofy Darn you Doofy Darn OK I'm done."

P-Ziddy looked at me like I'd sprouted horns. He pointed over at Big Dawg's desk (also empty on this particular day). "Are you gonna go sit in Big Dawg's chair next?"

"No." "Why not?" "Somehow... he'd know."

Plus, most of Big Dawg's stories have more than 3 distinct words in them. Like I'm gonna remember something *that* complicated. Pshaw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home