Monday, October 01, 2012

The Miracle Of Fire

The ignitor went out on our gas stove. Not to fear! Jeff "Lord of the Flame" is on the case!

I'll even show you how I did it. Basically, the ignitor is just a thing that plugs in under the stove and makes the hotness. So, you have to unplug that and plug in the new one.

I started by removing this panel from the back of the stove.



Later, I learned that I had removed the wrong panel. (shakes fist) Dang you, rogue panel!

Anyway, you also have to pull out the bottom panel in the stove so you can get to this...



Note the space invader, screwed into the back of the stove. I'm not sure why he's there.

I didn't have much luck getting the old one unplugged until I resorted to cutting wires. Here's a blurry pic of the two elements side by side. I couldn't prevent the blur, because I was shaking with anticipation.



Here's the new ignitor, all screwed into place. Notice anything about the screws? Like, how you can't see them? The screws go into the underside of that gas pipe.



Yeah, *that* was easy. Arg.

I should also mention that I was on my knees, leaning across the oven door, head well into the guts of the oven. At one point I needed both hands, so I was actually leaning on my chin and hoping my jaw wouldn't give out before I got the screws tightened. Don't tell my dentist.

Anyway, here's a pic of it all lit up.



BEHOLD! The miracle of fire! Yeah, baby!

At this point, there was only one thing left to do... play with the bubble wrap.



Look at those huge bubbles! Let the good times roll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home