Friday, July 21, 2006

ASP.NET Training is Complete...

...and now I know everything. I even have a little certificate of completion thingy to prove it. Doubt me not!

About 20 minutes or so before class was done for the day, the lady who runs this training company ("Giggles") came out and asked us, "Who here is the easiest to embarrass?".

This question was met with a mixture of reactions. There were three of us there, all from my current job, and none of us fluster too easily. Proximity to Mad Dogg will do that to you. There were also plenty of adventures with Rent-A-Zilla and the Bad Man to thicken my hide. It was hard to decide who might actually get embarrassed, but we eventually settled on The Golfer.

So, Giggles wanders over to The Golfer and says, "Hm... he's fair-skinned, too... yeah, I bet he blushes easily." The Golfer obidently blushed. "You see," she continued, "I have this tradition when training classes end. I always give everybody a kiss."

There was a bit of a pause while we all digested this statement. Mentally, I was weighing my options... I could just take a deep breath and hope it ended quickly, I could make a run for the door, I could pretend to be engrossed by something on the wall ("Oh, I didn't see you back there")... I didn't really think an actual kiss was immenent, but with that michevious look in her eyes it was pretty obvious that *something* was going to happen.

Giggles let us ponder for a moment, then she continued. "But I don't want angry spouses coming after me, so I brought these instead." She had a small handful of dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses.

Dark chocolate = yum. Too bad her tradition was for only 1 kiss. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home