Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Zip It!

Today (Tuesday - I know I'm posting this late), there was a meeting of various web-related folks at my job. There were about 15 people there, including myself and Mad Dogg.

A question was asked, and Mad Dogg started to speak. He was spoken over by another person in attendance. Mad Dogg tried to speak again, and was again spoken over by another person there in the meeting.

Dr. EvilEven though Mad Dogg can be a bit outrageous at times, he is also very talented and he's very passionate about doing his job well. He obviously had a legitimate answer to the question that was raised, but every time he tried to speak, he was spoken over. This happened at least 5 times, with 5 different people. It got so bad, some of the other folks in the meeting started doing the Dr. Evil "Shh!" thing at him. Several of us saw what was going on, and were laughing, but those who were speaking just kept right on going.

Finally, the last person to talk over him finished what he was saying, and noticed that Mad Dogg had been trying to speak. He motioned for Mad Dogg to speak, but he had just finished saying what Mad Dogg had been trying to say all along. With a "Never mind, what's the use?" look on his face, Mad Dogg simply replied, "That's what I was trying to say."

It was at that point that I jokingly said, "See, we don't actually need you." But I was spoken over, so nobody heard me. *sigh* What a meeting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home