Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bobblehead Who?!?

OK, this just made me laugh my fool head off, so I thought I would share. I just saw a commercial for a Tulsa Drillers game. They have a game on Friday July 7th that's being billed as "Faith and Family Night". I'm quite in favor of this concept, having gone to a Talon's game that was also a "Faith and Family Night", and it was a lot of fun.

The part that got me was, "... and the first 1,500 fans at the gate get a free Moses Bobblehead Doll!" (click to see him full-size!)

This is simultaneously one of the coolest things I've ever seen, and one of the most disturbing. And there's more. In a world full of useless trinkets, I have to think these things rank near the top.

That's all for today... happy 4th of July, all!

4 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

LOL! Gotta get me one!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger V said...

So...are you going?

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Nope. I'm not a baseball fan. I'll be going to the Talon's next home game against the OKC "Yard Dawgs". Should be interesting. First time they played this season, the Talons lost 40-something to 93. Seriously. The Dawgs set records. It was bad. The Talons won the next matchup by a single point.

Also, as a matter of interest... at this Talons game, halftime will supposedly feature a dodgeball game. DODGE, DUCK, DIP, DIVE, and ... uh... DODGE!

If Ben Stiller shows up, I'll have to make a blog entry about it. :)

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

I came across an article that debates just this, having a "faith night" with sports....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14250032/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home