Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dulls-ville

OK, so over the past few days... dang near a week, there really hasn't been anything amusing enough to write about. I have other ideas for "past" stories, but I really don't want to resort to doing 3 of those in a row. So instead you get a story about how average the past few days have been.

Over the past few days I've seen "The Island" and "The Pentagon Wars". The Island is not a great movie, but it was reasonable. It's basically a remake of a movie that MST3K featured, so set your expectations low, and you'll be impressed. The Pentagon Wars is funny in an "Oh my goodness I really hope this *isn't* a true story" sort of way. Think "Office Space" in a military environment.

Today, in a meeting, "Ajax" was mentioned. For those who aren't programmers, this is a programming technique. It is not one that I am very familiar with. I was asked (by Mad Dogg), "You know all about Ajax, right?". I replied, "I'm more familiar with the kitchen counter cleaner by the same name."

Most people chuckled at that comment. Slim, however, nearly fell out of his chair laughing. It was fun.

Finally, you know how perfectly innocent words can sometimes sound not-so-innocent? A "dongle" is a piece of computer equipment that plugs into your computer for various purposes. Today, we received email from a coworker who had lost one, basically asking, "Have you seen this?" with a picture attached for reference. To which, Farmer Brown said out loud, ...

"Uh Oh... [name] is emailing everyone pictures of his dongle!"

Thankyew you've been a great audience. I'll be here all week... don't forget to tip your waitress.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Dullsville? hehe, the most exciting thing I've done is buy a double roller, gear driven chamois wringer so that washing my car is easier, and it's been so hot I haven't had a chance to use it the car dries before I can chamois it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home