Wednesday, January 10, 2007

These Things Shouldn't Be Allowed To Talk

Urinal Cakes are not really cake!I have recently learned of an item that makes my soul shiver. Talking, flashing, interactive ads on urinal cakes.

I don't know about you, but I doubt if I would put much faith in a voice issuing up out of toilet.

It seems to me that these things would be far better suited for practical jokes. I can picture, for example, one of those things whispering, "Psst! Hey, buddy! Yeah, you... your fly is down."

I did see one place where these things are being used in a semi-reasonable manner. There's a place in New York where these things are being used in bars to present messages "aimed" (oh! I'm a bad person) at preventing drunk driving.

I'm not going to ask, "What will they think up next?", because I'm afraid of the answer.

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger V said...

Wow. That gives a whole new meaning to the term "talk dirty to me".

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hey buddy. Nice {insert inappropriate noun here}."

Or possibly:

"Hey, you might wanna see a doctor about that..."

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

*shudder*

However, it does remind me of something I've heard of in the past, in Japan, toilets that play the sound of running water, or birds chirping to cover the "embarrassing" sounds...

The musical toilet..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home