Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Off Into The Sunset...

Mad DoggWell, yesterday was Mad Dogg's last day with us at work. Today he starts his new "milk and honey" job down the street. And amazingly, nothing bizarre or explosive happened yesterday.
Bond. James Bond.
I could tell stories of his "gift basket", which was a case of Red Bull. I could tell you about how he finally got to ride in the boss's Aston Martin. But those are his stories.

What will I most remember about that fateful day?

Can you say LIPTON?Mad Dogg's goodbye lunch was at a restaurant I don't like, for starters. I ate my sack lunch, then attended his lunch. All I ordered was a glass of iced tea. After the tip, it ended up being a $3 glass of tea. I did not leave a large tip. They are quite proud of their tea, for some reason.

Oh, and Mad Dogg's final contribution to our web site? He "fixed" an error that only applied to users with Internet Explorer 6. It had to do with a link not being underlined. The link still worked. The link still looked OK. It wasn't even an "error" that happened all the time. So while the rest of us were working like mad on functional elements that aren't quite functional yet, Mad Dogg tweaked a minor visual element. Thanks, man.

Gah!This past year, working alongside Mad Dogg, has been most entertaining. And occasionally frightening.

Thanks for the memories (scarred forever into my brain). Call me every now and then, and we'll do lunch. I'll pick the location, though. ;)

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sniff' ;(

I'll miss you starshine

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

*sniff*

I cry every time I think of you, moonbeam. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home