Monday, March 12, 2007

Zio's

Zio'sOver the weekend, my wife and I took an old friend to Zio's. Italian food, pretty good stuff. And now, a couple of amusements from our trip.

We placed our order, and the waitress went away. All was going as expected. We started to chat while we waited, but suddenly a man appeared with food!

It had been less than a minute since we placed our order. He said, "Spicy Chicken Alfredo?" Our friend had ordered this, so she tentatively put up a hand. The he said, "Chicken Cannelloni?"

What table is this?Nobody had ordered that. I also realized that he had two plates with him. We had three people at the table.

At this point, another waitress ran up to him and said, "Table 111 is over this way!"

Sheepishly, he grabbed the first plate and said, "Sorry... it's my first day here." The waitress shook her head and said, "Don't believe him. He's been here three years."

His eyes bugged out and his jaw dropped. She couldn't keep the serious look on her face any longer, and burst out laughing. I kinda felt sorry for the poor guy.

Happy Birthday... Mr. President...The meal concluded. We stopped by the restrooms on our way out. Hung above the potty in the mens' room was a picture of Marilyn Monroe. As with most old pics of her, it was reasonably sultry. The pic was at eye level as I stood to perform my duty. She was looking down.

So I did my thing with Marilyn Monroe looking down at my... um... she was looking at me. It was kinda creepy.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

{breathyvoice}Hello big boy...{/breathyvoice}

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Dude, you ok? You've been standing at that urinal for half an hour now..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home