Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Mad Dogg Smells Funny

Late last week, the stress of a large deadline was looming ... er... large. Sometimes when the stress builds up like that, people get loopy. This was one of those times.

StressyWithout going into too much detail, this is what happened shortly before lunch that day. I was in a bit of stressy mood. I made a change to the web site we are working on, and I uploaded it to the test server. I immediately checked the page I had uploaded, and discovered that I had made a significant error. The test site was down. I could see what I had done wrong right away, and started to reach toward the mouse so I could fix it.

Mad Dogg*ring!!!* My phone went nuts. No more than 6 seconds had passed. I picked up the phone, and there was good ole' Mad Dogg, laughing and shouting, "Put it back!" I said "OK" and hung up on him.

I reached toward the mouse again. *ring!!!* Again, my phone was going nuts. Again, it's Mad Dogg. Still laughing, he said, "No really, see, what happened is..."

I know how to fix this error!Did I mention I was in a bit of a stressy mood? I interrupted him, and said words to the effect of, "I cannot fix the error to which you refer while I am on the phone with you discussing the aforementioned error."

That's the summary, anyway. The actual version was longer, and had lots of short words in it. Once again, he got hung up on.

The error was fixed. The Jeff attempted to breathe regularly. It wasn't going well.

Come get me!Shortly after this, I found myself upstairs in the office occupied by Mad Dogg (among others). Mad Dogg wasn't at his desk, and the guy I was there for was making me wait... and Mad Dogg's computer wasn't locked.

Remember back in paragraph 1, where I mentioned people going loopy? Well, I pretty much just meant me. I saw an opportunity to get a small measure of revenge against Mad Dogg, for his crimes of getting yelled at and hung up on twice. Loopy, I tell ya.

He had a code window open. I pressed "Enter" a few times, and then in the new blank space in his code, I carefully typed out;

You smell like butt"Mad Dogg smells funny. Love, Jeff."

Two hours later, he finally noticed and I got a phone call from him. Two hours? Just how hard are you workin' up there anyway, M.D.? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home