Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Random

Today, as I was walking in to work, I paused at a particular intersection. The light was changing, and a van was approaching. I got a green light, the van stopped, and I stepped out to walk in front of it. The van's engine had died when he stopped, so as I walked by I could hear the driver trying to start it up again. I smiled.

Mine was dark brownI used to drive a truck that was like that. As I approached intersections, I would actually put the thing into neutral so that I could stomp on the gas and the break at the same time. The engine simply would not "idle", it would die every time.

YEE-HAW!I remember one time driving that thing across cobblestone / brick streets in Stillwater with MetaCow in the passenger seat. The uneven surface was causing us to buck back and forth considerably. MetaCow began to mock my truck, waving one arm up above his head like he was a bull rider. The truck retaliated against him by suddenly cinching up the seat belt. He was pinned to the seat so tight that he couldn't breathe. As for me, I nearly drove us off the road laughing at him.

Pepsi ChickenAnyway, in keeping with the "Random" title of this post, here's a subject change. I heard this recipe on the radio this morning, and it sounded promising. Honey, take note. :) Clickie here to see how to make "Pepsi Chicken."

5 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

I remember that vividly. The truck tried to kill me. It was like something out of Maximum Overdrive.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did it blare AC/DC at you in a menacing fashion?

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Was that the same truck that died at the top of the hill on the access road?? If so it also tried to kill me!!!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Fyrebaugh: Yes. One and the same.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

No AC/DC was blared, but it made many bouncy, squeaky noises that appeared to be saying, "Die, witless freak." Afterwards, I was somewhat offended by that. Several days later, I kicked it's tires in revenge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home