Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Stuck In My Head

NorbitI've brought you all here today to discuss a matter of importance. I have a song stuck in my head, and I need help to get the silly thing out of there.

Have you seen the commercials for the new Eddie Murphy movie, "Norbit"? Yeah, that's right. I've got "Bust a Move" stuck firmly in my head. I've been unwillingly groovin' to that thing ever since the Super Bowl, when they played that dang commercial at every break during the pregame festivities.

It was an OK song for its time, I guess. But now I want it gone.

We all live in a yellow submarineI've tried all the tricks. I've hummed "Manamana." I've tried "Yellow Submarine." I listened to heavy metal all day yesterday. Nothing works.

Somebody please help me. Make the hurting stop.

9 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

Try to find a copy of "The Air is Getting Slippery" by Primus. That one can displace just about anything. Although, depending on your feelings about Primus, that may not be a good thing...

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Memory! All alone in the moonlight!
I can smile at the old days..."

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Throw in some Doc Severinson and see if you can blow out those songs!

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No?

How about:

I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

"I am the very model of a Major alone in moonlight..."

Hm... oddly enough, it does seem to be helping a bit...

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or maybe...

I'm Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger V said...

Ooo! I wanna help! How about:

They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
The Addams Family.

Their house is a museum
Where people come to see 'em
They really are a scream
The Addams Family.

(Neat)
(Sweet)
(Petite)

(happily snapping)

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Well, I have finally gotten "Bust a Move" out of my head. Unfortunately, it now would seem that I've Got Friends in Low Places.

Shoot me.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where the whiskey drowns, and the beer chases my blues away...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home