Wednesday, January 24, 2007

You talkin' to me?

Say hello to my little friends.Say hello to my little friends.Yesterday, Slim (from Advertising) came by our office with some friends. These two "friends" were more than a bit intimidating in appearance... both had black suits and ties. One looked like his face had been chiseled out of solid granite. The other had his greasy black hair pulled back in a pony-tail. Neither smiled. Hands were kept in front, crossed over. Both looked like they could break me in half. They looked like the mob.

They walked past my desk, past Farmer's desk, and went into Golfer's office. I wondered if we'd ever see the Golfer again.

Turns out, these two are the owners (and sole employees) of an independent software shop. We might be using some of their stuff in the near future, if the price is right.

Eek! What am I doing here?!?I had a very difficult time picturing either of these two working at a computer keyboard. Blunt objects... now that seemed more their style.

I hope Slim has paid his protection money.

Actually, knowing Slim, he's paid his protection money. I just hope his check doesn't bounce.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you'll DEFINITELY be using their "product". They made your boss an offer he couldn't refuse. But for your own safety, if you spot a horse head in the trash can... move to Canada. Just some advice.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Canada may not be far enough, Jimmy "the Tulip" might just move in next door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home