Friday, January 19, 2007

Disjointed

Yesterday, I was feeling a little under the weather. I pretty much just collapsed when I got home, and didn't write anything in advance, which is why this is so disjointed today.

The major highways in and around Tulsa are finally approaching "normal". There's still slick spots, but more often than not you have two lanes again. Now that the ice is finally starting to yield, we've got snow comin'. H'ray.

Yesterday morning, when walking out to my car, I walked near the apartment building in the "grass" (you can't tell the difference between grass and any other solid surface, there's so much ice). When I got in front of my car, I took one step toward it, down the slope. Then, I slid all the way into the parking lot, and landed on the hood of my car. Crawled off, got in.

This morning, some kind soul brought donuts. Things are lookin' up!

They say this might be the first step toward full-time free parking in downtown Tulsa. That would be mighty... currently, I park 5 blocks away from work so that I don't have to pay to park.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/NewsStory.asp?ID=070119_Ne_a11_free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home