Monday, February 19, 2007

Seven Years Old

Chuck E. Cheese... where an adult can have a migraine!My nephew's 7th Birthday party was this past Saturday, at Chuck E. Cheese's. It was everything you'd expect from such an event. It was loud, chaotic, and overwhelming. It was great fun. :)

Shorty ran up to his grandma (my mom) and handed her a big wad of tickets he'd won from one of the myriad of games they've got there. She asked him, "Which game did you get these from?" He replied: "The one that gives me all the tickets." Oh. Naturally.

People who *really* love you give you LegoMy wife and I got him some Lego's. One of the lego boxes was rounded at the top, like in the pic on the right. As he was opening it, my dad leaned over and asked me, "What... did you get him after-shave?" My wife, thinking far quicker than I, replied, "They grow up so fast."

My wife and I were the only ones to get him Lego. That's one way to look at it. You could also say that we were the only ones who didn't get him a fishing pole.

Dance Dance RevolutionDance Dance RevolutionAt one point, Shorty and his little sister (soon to be 5!) were hopping along on one of those "Dance Dance Revolution" type machines, having a grand time. They were happily bopping along, shouting and waving their arms around. It was cute, so I got out my camera and snapped a few pics.

Then, it occurred to me that my camera can also capture short videos. So I switched over to movie mode, and hit the button. Shorty and little 'Sis both promptly stopped moving around, and just stood there.

I have blurry pics of rapid motion, and a video of them standing still. It figures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home