Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ghost Rider Brings Out The Lawbreaker In Me

Nicolas Cage IS Johnny Blaze IS Ghost RiderThis past weekend, we went to see Ghost Rider in the movie theater. The shortie movie review is thus... terrific eye candy, overall good story. The acting, for the most part, was acceptable. Peter Fonda and Sam Elliot really stood out. They were grand. The kid who played young Johnny Blaze should go back to selling hot dogs or whatever he was doing before. Mercifully, he's not a big part of the movie.

Overall, I'd rank it somewhere between Fantastic Four and Daredevil. I liked it a lot... doesn't mean you will. :)

Turn me off before movies!Before the flick there was one of those really obvious "turn your cell phone off" type ads. It didn't work. 5 minutes into the movie I heard, "Hello? Hey, man..." from behind me. I can't figure out why people like this still exist. Why have they not been chased down and flogged publicly? In this particular case, it's because he was a big dude. If I'm going to do any flogging, I'd like to be reasonably sure I'd survive the ordeal. Instead of flogging, he got to see the Grim Specter of Scrawny White Dude stand up in front of him and whisper-shout, "Get off the phone!". I'm sure it frightened him, in a "What-the-heck-is-that-nerd-doing?" sort of way.

============

Later that weekend, my wife and I went out for a walk. There are some new apartments out near us, so we walked by them. My wife commented on wanting to see the insides. I tried one of the doors, and it was unlocked. "C'mon!", I said. In we went. Nice place.

Attention Deviant Citizen!Run Away!As we left, I told her, "See, that's what trespassing feels like." She was only slightly amused. As we continued our walk, a police officer drove by. "Now," I told her, "we get to see what it feels like to flee from authority."

We didn't go into any more apartments. I can't figure out why. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home