Thursday, May 31, 2007

Three Little Stories

I'm always right. You will obey me unconditionally.My wife's aunt is a ... well, let's call her a confident person. She is confident that she is never wrong. Case in point:

Our wedding anniversary is May 19th. Aunt Commando sent us an anniversary card. It eventually got to us, but it took at least a week longer than it should have. when it arrived, we could see that the address was written down wrong. She was off by one number.

My wife's mother called Aunt Commando to ask her about this. "They got the Christmas cards I sent," she angrily claimed. "I obviously had the correct address for them. They just must have moved."

Not quite yet...It was a long time before I stopped laughing at that one. "They just must have moved." Sure we did. We moved half a block north, and told everybody except one persnickety aunt. We're mean like that.

=====================

I shall hunt you down and detroy you.Last weekend, my wife and I were sitting out on our second-story balcony, enjoying the cool post-rain breeze. Two little boys (prolly age 6-ish) ran out to play. They decided to play hide-and-go-seek.

In the apartment yard we overlook, there's really not too many places to hide. One of the boys ran over to hide in some bushes that were only a few feet away from our balcony.

The "seeking" boy opened his eyes and was looking around for his friend. I waved to catch his attention, and then pointed silently over at the bushes near us. His face lit up like it was Christmas. He dove off into those bushes and easily chased down his friend.

Me and my lazy hinderFor the first time in at least a couple of decades, I got to participate in a game of hide-and-go-seek, and I didn't even have to get up off my lazy hinder to do it.

=====================

There's a Hispanic family that lives in the apartment building across from us. The alpha male is a friendly gentleman with a long graying beard.

Every girl's crazy 'bout a Spanish manLast weekend he went out into the yard to do some grilling. He put on a big floppy hat while we was workin'. He looked like a Mexican ZZ Top.

There's no point to this story. I just found the visual to be very amusing. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home