Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Stick It To The Man!

Yesterday at work, I got off a spur-of-the-moment prank on one of our marketers. It was grand. Lemmie tell you about it.

A Slim-ish fellowI've been working on an entire section of our website. Slim is more or less in charge of this section of the site.

Slim called me up to see how I was progressing. He was about to go into a meeting, and he knew he'd be asked about my status.

Slim: "... I just need to know how you're doing so that I can tell the others."
Jeff: "Well, I've almost got the last of them deleted."
Slim: [slight pause] "What? Was there some Ad that needed...?"
Jeff: "No, the pages themselves. I'm deleting that entire section of the site. I've almost got the last of that section removed."

For about one second, he bought it.
Gah!
Slim: "What?!? You didn't...!... Ah, I get it..."

The panic in his voice, even for just a split second, was beautiful.

I shouldn't be so mean. I wouldn't be, if it wasn't so much fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home