Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Only Have Eyes For You

Insert Brokeback Mountain joke HEREYesterday, I finished work on a large-ish project for Cowboy. What you need to know about Cowboy is that he's got a great sense of humor and is nigh unflappable.

I went up to Cowboy's desk and showed off his new toy. He was pleased, and made a small humorous jab by saying, "... and you did this just for me!"

I took the bait. With mock sincerity plastered all over my face I said, "I did. It's because I care for you, man." Cowboy's grin never wavered. He nodded in his head, as if to say, "Yeah, I deserve this."

Rut-Row!I poured it on a little thicker. "I think about you all the time." Cowboy's grin was cast in iron as he nodded his head. He remained silent, but his face was saying, "Of course you do, why wouldn't you?"

I went for the kill. "I have your middle name tattooed on my left buttock."

There was a slight pause... I nearly got him. His grin widened a little, and his body language said "All right, if that's what floats your boat."

Your pathetic attempts at humor amuse me!One day I *will* make you guffaw, Cowboy! It's my new mission in life.

I think about it all the time.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could quit you.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Ride em Cowboy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home