Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Counting Calories

My wife and I were given a Coffee Cake for Christmas.

Breakfast of Champions

It's such a small lovely little lump of sugary whiz-bang! So cute!

Curious, we turned the box over to read the nutritional information. 250 calories per serving. Ouch.

I got a sudden sinking feeling. "How many servings does it think this little cake has?"
No way. Surely you speak in jest.
"Sixteen."

Sixteen?!? Yikes! So any one paper-thin slice of this stuff would take almost 15 minutes on the ol' exercise bike to burn off? That's frightening.

I opened up the box, and broke open the seal. There was a sweet, powerful, *gorgeous* smell of glucose and wheat. The button on my jeans instantly broke.

My wife screamed. "I can't be a part of this!" She ran to the bedroom and slammed the door behind her. A minute later, she opened the door, hung a small sign on the doorknob and slammed it again. The sign read, "Pilates in progress... do not disturb."

Yea, though I walk through the valley of saturated fat, I will fear no sweetenerShe didn't leave that room for 2 days.

Even with *my* crazy metabolism, I couldn't eat all of it. But it sure was tasty. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home