Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Warning

Powerful stuff"It may be your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others."
- Unknown

Almost two years ago, I wrote a story about coffee from Brazil. It's worth a re-read, but the high points are as follows:

1) P-Ziddy gave me a bag of his favorite coffee (imported from Brazil).

2) Jeff accidentally made a cup that was caffeinated enough to launch a space shuttle.

3) Midway though the cup, an "Emergency Evacuation" happened. I barely made it to the bathroom before the cannon fired, if you know what I mean.

Well, recently my buddy iCanSpell shared this story with me...

iCanSpell: Did you know that you're a warning in our house?
Jeff: I can't say I'm *too* surprised. How so, exactly?
iCanSpell: Well, some time ago, I relayed the story of the Brazilian coffee to iCanDrink (Note: iCanDrink is her hubby)
Jeff: Ah. Most of the rest is clear to me already.
iCanSpell: ... and how you'd made it quite strong and had something of an involuntary response to it.
iCanSpell: So, at times like yesterday, when we got up extra early so we could leave work to get new tires on the car...
iCanSpell: ... and iCanDrink was sucking down cup after cup of strong coffee...
iCanSpell: ... all one really has to say is "Careful, you don't want to be Jeff."
Jeff: This is *so* going in the blog next week.
iCanSpell: lol
Jeff: I'm a dire warning to others!
iCanSpell: Exactly

This was truly a proud moment for me. It's only a matter of time before "You don't want to be a Jeff" makes it into the Urban Dictionary, I just know it!

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous icanspell said...

I think you could be an effective warning in other circumstances too. I'll try some out and let you know how it goes.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

The endless possibilities would probably be depressing if I had any pride. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home