Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Fantasy Football

For those of us in Fantasy Football leagues, playoff time is fast approaching. I wound up in three leagues this year. I had a bit of a rough start in a couple of the leagues, but I had been doing pretty well for a while there. In fact, I was ranked number 1 in two of those leagues, briefly.

Ah, the joy of repeated failure...Then came the dark times. For the past three weeks I've lost in at least two of my leagues. Once I lost in all three.

In each case, the loss could have been prevented if I'd played one or more of the guys on my bench. My wife has noticed this trend, and she's unhappy with me.

Late Sunday, I brought up my teams for her to see.

I *like* being better than you!"Here's the 'Tiny Nerds' league. I'm going to lose by 20. Here's the guys on my bench I should have played."

"Here's the 'Village Idiot' league. I'm going to lose by 20. Here's the guys on my bench I should have played."

"Here's the 'Total Biscuit' league. I'm going to lose by 20. Here's the guys on my bench I should have played."

I think I smell better than you, tooMy wife gave me an unapproving look.

"Next year," she said, "When you join a Fantasy Football league, I want to join too. I think I can beat you."

I think she may be right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home