Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Escalation

This story is absolutely true. At first. Then, it isn't. See if you can guess the point where I go from truth to wild fabrication. :)

I had no idea that was your puppy!I walked past OoRah on my way to the break room. Had a distracted look in my eyes that he misread.

"What? I didn't do it!"

Thinking fast (a challenge for me), I decided to see if he was just being silly or if he really did have something to hide. "Right. You just better hope the boss doesn't find out."

I won't bother making it look like an accidentOoRah's eyes went wild. "If anyone finds out, I'll have to kill you."

Hm. He *is* a former marine, so he might actually have a plan in place to kill everyone in the office, should the need arise. The game was starting to get uncomfortable. I kept my response vague. "Maybe we can work out some kind of a deal."

"What did you have in mind?"

That's hawtDang! OoRah knows how to play the vague game, too. OK, time to bust out the wish list. "In exchange for my silence, I require donuts every morning for a week, a fresh coat of wax on my car and a winter coat made of LEGO."

OoRah's eyes narrowed. "How about you stay silent, and I'll take your office and your lunch money. Plus, I'll promise not to give you a second wedgie."

Whee!"A second wedgie? But I haven't had a first..."

I'd rather not say what happened next.

In the end, I got to keep my office, but I did lose my lunch money and my dignity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home