Friday, June 11, 2010

For The Fallen

There was a small crowd in the break room when Maarek and I walked in. We needed coffee, so we pushed through without much compassion.

I got to the pot and picked it up. It's a metal pot, but I could tell by the weight that unhappiness was about to descend upon us. "It's nearly empty!", I wailed, sloshing the pot. Half the pathetic dregs splashed out onto the floor.

There was a moment of silence as many eyes looked down at the puddle, and then up at me.

Go with God, you beautiful lost soul"Ahem," I said, trying to act dignified. "Some idiot poured coffee on the floor. I'll get it."

As I grabbed some paper towel, Maarek desolately pantomimed pouring coffee on the floor with the now-empty pot. "This is for all of the fallen coders," he solemnly chanted. "We salute you."

Things get weird when your nerds aren't properly caffeinated. Let this be a lesson to us all.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Caffeine abuse! We hang folks around here for less. I'll go get my rope.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

I knew I could count on you, 'Zid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home