Monday, February 20, 2012

Brain Break


One afternoon at work, things hit a lull in our office. Most of us had wandered away from our desks, bleary-eyed, just kind of staring at each other.

Big Dawg verbalized it for all of us. "I just needed to get away from that computer screen for a minute," he said. "I know it's taboo to take naps at work, but I really need to give my brain a break."

There was a chorus of agreement. "Too bad we can't have naptime at work."

"Maybe we could, if we just call it something other than 'naptime'," SpanFan suggested. "The boss says, 'What are you doing on the couch?', and we say, 'It's not a nap, it's a Brain Break.'"

"What is that noise?" Big Dawg was doing his generic "Boss" impersonation. "Is that snoring?"

"No," I replied. "That's the sound my brain makes without input."

Maybe I'll take a Brain Break today. Where's that pillow and blanket?...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home