Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Stories From My Past: 3 Guys, 1 Sink

Occasionally I get asked, "What is the strangest thing to ever happen to you in a bathroom?" When I say "occasionally", I actually mean never. I'm going to pretend I don't know that, and answer the question anyway. This happened at my old job within the past year, year and a half.

I walk into the public restroom to do my thing. 2 other gentlemen are already in there, with similar goals in mind. There are about 5 stalls, and 3 sinks. Plenty of room.

3 Guys finish at about the same time.
3 Guys step out of the stalls at about the same time.
3 Guys, 3 Sinks... so we all step, at the same time, toward the sink in the middle.

There is a pause, as we bump shoulders and stop to look at each other. Then, without a word, the phrase, "No one must hear of this" passes between us, and we 3 each go to a different sink.

Needless to say, I am breaking a sacred trust by telling this story. You should all feel blessed.

Its actually not the first time I've told this story. The first time I told this story, the reaction was, "Hey, I'm just impressed that you all washed your hands."

Some people are easy to impress. ;)

5 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cleanliness is next to... well, you get the picture.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it's not exactly fair that you dress everyone down and tell them to keep it clean, and then slam the door wide open with a bathroom story. That's just plain mean.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger MetaCow said...

Screw the past! Let's here some stories from the future!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Well now, if you call *that* a "dressing down", then you have much thinner skin that I thought you did. ;)

And just for your own piece of mind, I agonized (agony, I tell you!) over whether to tell that story now or save it for later.

Now let's see... for my next post, I could talk about how OSU won the NCAA National Championship (football) back in 2045. Yeah, those are gonna be the good ole' days, lemmie tell you...

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I thought you were adjusting your usual nature as a consession to polite company. I see the error of my ways.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Dude, you got a nice... sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home