Monday, August 07, 2006

Football

Almost time!Football season is almost upon us! Thank heavens... if it weren't for football season, I'd never know when to start pulling out my Christmas decorations. :)

Yesterday, two fun football-related things happened.

NFL1) I got to watch the first Preseason NFL game of the year. Sure, I was forced to watch Aaron Brooks stumble around like a moron, but at least it was a game. For the first half, I mean.

2) Speaking as a life-long OSU fan, I saw something that was sad and hilarious on the Sunday evening news. First up in sports was a story on OU - they talked about the quarterback situation, and how everyone was optimistic that they'd have a great year. Then, there was a TU story about how good the team did last year, and how expectations are high for another great season.

OSUThen, came the OSU story. How did my alma matter make the news this fine day? Haircuts! It seems that several players got similar haircuts. This was, apparently, "bonding". It was billed as a good thing.

This fills me with such optimism for the upcoming football season. I mean heck, if the players are capable of getting matching haircuts, just think what they'll accomplish next!

*sigh*

My team's gonna get killed this year. I just know it.

6 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe in the "Orange"

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger MetaCow said...

ORANGE!!!!
...
POWDER!!!!


Er.... Something's not right...

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

BAH! They will have a glorious year because of all the facilities that are being built to support them!!!!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

Glorious as in they will play valiantly and still get slaughtered?

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

"Play Valiantly" and "OSU" are rarely used in the same sentance. Or paragraph, even.

As my dad says, OSU is a team that is always capable of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any game where they don't all fall over running out onto the field is a good game... right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home