Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Rewards! Very! Very! Very! Rewarding!

Last night, my wife proudly greeted me at the door and pointed to an area of the floor in our living room. There was a Christmas present! It's officially started! I have one Christmas gift from my wife. She's a sweetie. :)

Best BuyShe also showed me a Best Buy Rewards card thingy she got today. She said I could read the fine print if I wanted, and "we shop at Best Buy occasionally."

I read the fine print, and it amused me. It said that if we accumulated 250 "points", then we were eligible for a $5 discount on certain merchandise. That seems a lot of points you have to earn. I chuckled and mentioned that to her, and she said, "That's OK, it's a free program." Quite true.

Then I read further. "For nearly every dollar you spend, you get one point!" For *nearly* every dollar? That made me laugh out loud. Those 250 points you have to earn cost at least 250 dollars. "Come spend $250, and we'll give you five bucks." Still laughing, I mentioned that one to her as well. I got a similar answer.

Hooray for the internet!Then, I saw a very interesting bit. You can check the status of your points online! What a deal! I mentioned that one, and said something about going online to check our points. I said that I could see how many points we have, and then get an idea about how much she spent on me.

The look on my wife's face said, more or less, "Holy poopy." She laughed, but grabbed the card thingy out of my hands and refused to give it back.

For the rest of the night, we'd have little conversations that went something like this:

Me: "I wonder how many reward points we have."
Her: "No! I'll take it back!"

Me: "I wonder how many reward points we have."
Her: "I never should have showed you that thing!"

It was a most amusing night.

...and to all, a good night.Honey, I love you! I haven’t looked at the Best Buy site, and I haven’t picked up the package to try and guess what it is. I promise I won't. You're the best! Please don't make me sleep on the couch. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home