Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The MCP Store

MicrosoftThere is a wondrous and bizarre creation lurking behind a login script on the Microsoft "MCP" member pages. If you are an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), you can shop at the MCP Store.

I've only browsed it twice since obtaining my Microsoft Certifications. Most recently, I browsed it yesterday. I found some amusing things, so I thought I would share.

Microsoft Zen GardenFirst, under the category of "Toys", there is a small desktop "Zen Garden". It's got a little wooden box, white sand, some stones, pretty typical Zen Garden stuff. I just love that the whole thing is Microsoft-branded. "Enjoy new Microsoft Zen! With up to 10 times more Zen than previous Zen!"

I can just imagine Microsoft Zen 2.0, and the eventual Microsoft Zen 2.0 Service Pack 1 ("Don't let hackers transgress on your transcendence!"). This is getting silly, so I'll move on to:

Microsoft Vista Bike JerseyMy favorite item. The Windows Vista bike jersey. First of all, I tend to think that you have no business wearing a "bike jersey" unless you are competing in the tour de whatever. Second, this thing is $60! Oh my goodness! They want me to pay sixty bucks for the honor of being a mobile billboard and mugger magnet?

I do have to admit, it is tempting to pick one up and wear it to work. The Mac and Novell guys here would... well, let's just say they'd *notice*. Could be dangerous, though... that big circular Vista logo on the front kinda looks like a target. ;)

3 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Why don't they make those biking jerseys for big programmers? hehehehe, they are being selective on their advertising space too. If you are fit and trim and have paid for and passed our tests, then you can spend 60 bucks on the biking jersey!!!

 
At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHEM! yeah I would "notice" course you might not make it home with that jersey on...:)

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger V said...

Hackers are always transgressing on my transcendence. It's a very sad thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home