Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Conversation With Mad Dogg

Mad DoggMad Dogg is a graphic designer where I work. He's a sharp guy who also dabbles in programming a small bit. He's also as blunt and disturbing as The Bad Man and P-Ziddy (for those who know who they are).

Mad Dogg called me yesterday to ask how to do a thing (details, obviously, are watered down considerably for the purposes of this story). So I told him how to do the thing, and he went away. Minutes later, he called back.

Ring! Ring!Mad Dogg: "No."
Me: "OK."

And I hung up. A couple of seconds later, he called again.

Mad Dogg: "OK, let's try this again. No."
Me: "OK."
Mad Dogg: "Hold on, hold on!... hey, did you just hang up on me?"
Me: "Yup. I figured that 'no' was a complete statement, and we were done."
Mad Dogg: [laughing] "Well, it didn't work."

Macs are silly!We proceeded to talk about his problem, and why what he tried didn't work. It could have been a silly mistake that he made, or it could have been something wacky with his computer. He's a Mac user, so either is possible ("ZING!"). Naturally, I chose to pick on him.

While on the phone, I sent him an email with the info he needed to solve his problem. He got the email, and tried it. It worked, much to his pleasure. Then:

Me: "See what happens when you follow Jeff's directions?"
Mad Dogg: "Hey, do you know what I'm holding up to the phone right now?"
Me: "Your ear."
Mad Dogg: "My MIDDLE FINGER!!!"

Yo, Mad Dogg... I love you, man. :)

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey@! I resemble that remark!

... or something...

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

YOUR EAR!!! That got me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home