Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stories From My Past: Ugly Couch

When I was in college, I had a very ugly couch in my apartment. I don't remember where it came from, I just remember that it was passed from one family member to another. It was red-ish, with a horrible flower print all over it. It was a sleeper sofa from the 70's, which means that all of the mechanical bits underneath were metal. This was a broken down, ugly, obscenely heavy sofa.

DRUMS! GIRLS! FOOD!It was so ugly that when I was roommates with MetaCow, he put a large sheet over the couch to conceal the ugly. MetaCow is not an overly sensitive or fashion-conscious male. In fact, he once wore an "Animal" t-shirt to a job interview (he was doing the interviewing). The fact that this couch disturbed him is really saying something.

Ugly CouchAs an afterthought, I did a Google Images search for "Ugly Couch". The second image in the results list looked very similar to my old couch. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

It was bad. The sheet was necessary to protect our sanity. If you looked at the couch for too long without protection, you would turn to stone.

On the subject of the job interview - The Bad Man neglected to tell me that I was scheduled to interview someone that day until about 15 minutes before said interview. While it is true that I am not very fashion-conscious, even I was embarrassed by that incident. However, it did make explaining the dress code of that company fairly easy.

"As you can see, we don't have a strict dress code here. Basically, if you can cover the naughty bits without offending anyone, you're good."

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Dang man I need to come work with you! I've been looking at replacing my wardrobe just to be able to work at a new job... LOL!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

er...? "That company" that I referred to is the one where you currently work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home