Monday, December 04, 2006

Secret Admirer Follow-up

This is the first time I can think of that a previous story is *required* reading before we go on. Therefore, if you do not remember the "Secret Admirer" story from two weeks ago;

Click here to read the story (expands)

Secret Admirer

AngryThis has been quite a week for Mad Dogg stories. Any minute now I expect to see him heading toward my office in a dead run with vengeance in his eyes and a continuous stream of curses issuing from the depths.

This story begins over the weekend. It seems that Boy Wonder - Master of Disguise and/or The Pup had a task that needed to be done. Something (I have no idea what) happened, and Boss Lady (AKA "Pantene") helped them out. Not an extraordinary story so far, right? Well, Boy Wonder - Master of Disguise and The Pup decided to show their appreciation for Boss Lady by purchasing flowers for her.

From: Secret AdmirerSo, Tuesday comes and when Boss Lady came in, there were flowers on her desk, with a nice card from the dynamic duo. Oohs and Aahs and whatnot follow, all is happy. And then... "The Plot" is birthed.

Everybody in that office collaborated, and when Mad Dogg (usually one of the last to arrive) came in for the day, he was told that the flowers were from Boss Lady's "Secret Admirer". While Mad Dogg made crude jokes and was generally noisy about the whole thing, Cowboy wandered off, and called Boss Lady's desk from a remote phone.

Ring! Ring!The drama increases! Suddenly, Boss Lady is on the phone with her "Secret Admirer", and he's asking her out to lunch! Everybody can hear her side of the conversation, and everybody (except Mad Dogg) knew that it was Cowboy on the other end.

For the next day and a half, Cowboy would sneak off and call Boss Lady from time to time, and she would always talk to him just loud enough for Mad Dogg to hear. He thought it was real the whole time. Finally, mid-morning Wednesday, they told him the truth.

At that point, I got a call from Mr. Dogg. With absolutely no preamble, he announced;

Sticks n' Stones may break my bones, ..."I just want ya'll to know you're a bunch of [unflattering plural noun]."

Mad Dogg the Mighty... Embarrassed. :) It was grand, to say the least. I didn't even *know* about the joke until mid-day Tuesday, much less participate. But I got to share in the blame. It's good to be me. :)


-----------------
It just worked out this way... I hadn't bought flowers for my wife in quite a while, and she's more than worthy. A plan was already in motion for me to buy flowers for her when the whole "Secret Admirer" thing went down. I went ahead with the flower purchase at the same time. Then, a few days later, I started to hatch my own plan.

When the flowers started to die, we didn't throw them away. When they started to smell, we didn't throw them away. Finally, when the flowers were good and nasty... I put a note on them that said, "To: Mad Dogg, From: Your Secret Admirer."

(click to see larger versions of these!)





This morning, I put the flowers on his desk. He generally gets into the office around 9AM. I'll let you know what kind of response I get by posting a comment to this story. Assuming he doesn't break my fingers, of course. :)

3 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Well, his initial reaction was dampened a bit by the fact that the other folks in his office didn't tell him who it was from at first. When he did finally find out / figure it out, I'm told his reaction was, "I'm gonna kill him", with much laughter. Apparently he's out to get me now. :) I'll keep you all posted.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you wont know when its coming ...but oh baby...

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

So Mad Dogg where is your blog so that we can keep up on the fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home