Monday, April 30, 2007

House Guest, Zoo

note: "Photoshop Jeff" replies will be posted Wednesday.

Tulsa ZooThis past weekend, we had a house guest. My wife's old college friend Cat came down and spent the weekend with us. On Saturday, we joined up with Scruffy and some random friends of his and went to the Tulsa Zoo.

Owie. Stingie.Being the rocket scientist that I am, I forgot sunscreen, and I forgot a hat. I stuck to the shade as much as I could, but even so, I'm all crispy red in places.

StickyAt one point, we passed by a glass-enclosed room that was supposed to hold a porcupine. There was no creature in the little enclosure. Then, a small hidden back door opened and one of the zookeepers walked in. Obviously, the animal was elsewhere and the zookeeper was doing some upkeep on the pen.

I turned to our group and said, "I've never seen a porcupine like that one! It walks upright."

I thought that this was a pretty obvious joke. Scruffy began to explain to me that it was, in fact, a zookeeper, not a porcupine. At least my wife laughed. :)

As we walked through the zoo, I heard somebody say my name. I turned around, and there was one of my old college roommates! I hadn't seen him in over 6 years.

Ride 'em, Cowboys!I introduced him to the group. "We were college roommates, we were in the marching band together, ..." He interjected, "Yeah, and we used to work at [my previous employer] together, too."

At this point, a random stranger from the crowd in front of us turned around. "Did you just say [my previous employer]?" It was another guy I worked with at that old armpit of a job.

Even better? Guy 2's wife used to date a friend of Cat.
It's a small world, after all
Small world.

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Wow so the Tulsa Zoo is the meeting place for ex-armpit workers anonymous?

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger The Tuba Geek said...

Would said armpit of a job be CREATIVE in their reasons for being an armpit?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home