Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Special Delivery

You could be a winner!Yesterday, my boss (the Golfer) came into the office with a confused look on his face. He was holding two envelopes.

"Guys," he explained, "These are for you. I have no idea why or what they are, and I don't know why I didn't get one."

Special delivery!The envelopes were addressed to the Farmer and to me. Both said "Special Delivery" on them.

Now, this isn't the first time I've gotten an inner-office bit of mail that said Special Delivery on it. The fact is, somewhere there's a big pile of these things, and they use them for inner-office mail rather than just throw them away.

It was a little curious that the Farmer and I got identical mailings, and the Golfer didn't. We quickly tore into the envelopes.

Bend over and grab your anklesAs the Golfer started to leave the office, I got my envelope open. In a moderately loud voice, I said, "Oh cool! We got invites to Spank Your Boss Day!".

It's a good thing he knows me well enough to know when I'm full of it.

The mailing, by the way, was just an updated parking permit.

3 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

AWWWW, he felt all left out, but we should setup a "Spank Your Boss Day!".

Mad Smiley would love it!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger MetaCow said...

There's a mental image I didn't need....

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

What mental image would you prefer? I can come up with many images I'm sure you would love as much....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home