Thursday, April 12, 2007

Other Uses For Greek Food

Greek foodA couple of days ago, I got lunch from a local Greek restaurant. I took it back to my desk to eat.

While I was eating, Slim came by the office. Slim is one of our Advertising types. When he comes by, he usually has about 4 minutes worth of business that he uses to take up a half-hour's worth of time.

Slim said, "Gentlemen, I just wanted to talk to you about hey what's that smell?"

I looked down at my desk. "Er... it's just some Greek food."

*whimper*Slim's face contorted grotesquely. It was as if I'd said I was eating old dead puppy. "Oh, man!" he shrieked. "That explains the smell! Man! I really can't... Oh! I don't... Eh! I just can't... I mean... Wow! I gotta go."

And he left.

I think this is the greatest trick in the world. Greek food = Slim Repellent. I shall have to remember this.

4 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWEET JEBUS!!!!
I wish I had known that!!!!!!
That would have ben most helpful when I worked there.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Sounds like he similar to a certain developer support person who works at the big C... Don't think greek food works on him though...

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

re: Fyrebaugh... yeah, I remember who you're talking about. And you're pretty much correct. Nothing short of small arms fire will get that chatterbox out of your office.

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any way you could blindfold him and drag him to the Greek festival at my church in October? I'd really like to see what happens when a Greek-food-adverse person is unblindfolded in the the middle of the highest concentration of Greek food in the state. Just remember to do the unblindfolding outside in the big tent rather than in the church.

And Greek food? Really? Fear of pitas? Bad experience with oregano? Inherent distrust of meat on sticks?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home