Monday, April 02, 2007

Paint Fumes Plus Marker Fumes = ...

If you don't remember (or haven't read) the story about Chinese Food being bad for you, you need to go read it now. Seriously. The following gag will not make sense unless you know this story. The summary, as bizarre as it sounds, is this: My boss (The Golfer) was told by a Ukrainian woman at high decibel that his Chinese Food lunch would shorten his lifespan.

You may also remember my adventure with paint fumes. This project is why. While covering a block of styrofoam with gray spraypaint, I inhaled some serious fumes. They screwed me up big-time.

Last Friday, I broke into my boss's office and put this little tombstone on his chair. Monday (today), when he came into work after his two-week Hawaiian vacation, he saw it.

RIP Chinese Food Eater

In the Golfer's office

Obviously, since today is Monday (but I'm writing this ahead of time), I don't know his reaction. Yet. :) I'll keep you informed.

============

UPDATE: Nothing extraordinary or unusual about the reaction, I'm afraid. It took him a few seconds to realize / remember the Chinese Food adventure, and then he burst out laughing. Good reaction, overall.

3 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

More importantly, how did the Ukrainian worker handle it???

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

*chuckle*

We never got a chance to use the "he died" joke on her.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Aww, you should have had everyone in the office wear black one day, and walk up to her and say, you were right.. Nothing else.. just you were right.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home