Monday, March 26, 2007

Higher Than A Kite?

CHINESE FOOD BAD FOR YOU!If you don't remember the "Chinese Food Is Bad For You" story from a week or so ago, go back and refresh your memory. The summary, as bizarre as it sounds, is this: My boss (The Golfer) was told by a Ukrainian woman at high decibel that his Chinese Food lunch would shorten his lifespan.

Secret projectThe Golfer left on a two-week Hawaiian vacation a week ago. While he's out, I've been preparing a small surprise for him. I'm not going to say too much about it now, except that it involves painting a block of styrofoam to look like a tombstone. There will be pictures here next Monday. :)

Anyway, if you ever have a chance to use spray paint on styrofoam in swirling winds... don't. This is a special kind of stupid.

Among the many challenges is the fact that spray paint tends to make styrofoam dissolve. You have to apply the paint very lightly, which means you're out there longer. This also means you get to breathe fumes longer.

blargYeah. About that. Fumes suck a whole lot of hinder. I didn't realize what it was doing to me until I got inside. I've never had a headache quite like that. Pounding, sharp pains echoed all around my skull, regardless of whether I was moving. And I had nausea. For a while there, I was sure I was going to loose my lunch. Even when seated, I couldn't stay vertical.

My new best friend.I've painted things before, but this is the first time I've had a reaction to fumes. I don't plan to ever paint again without a painter's mask.

I sure hope this little "secret" project of mine is worth it.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

Can't wait to hear this one...

(BTW, I added to your comments re: Bad Chinese Food on that post, which may help inspire your project further...)

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Some day I hope to meet these Ukrainians, they sound very interesting!!! Also await your Monday (next) post..........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home