Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Me And My Big Mouth

Code MonkeyYesterday, I was workin' along, being a good little code monkey. As the afternoon wore on, I received two unexpected visitors: My boss, and my company's VP.

They started asking questions about what resources Farmer and I needed to complete some of the projects we're working on. It was one of those, "What tools do you need in order to accomplish this goal?" type of conversations, and it was a good one. It also had a moment of silliness that I still can't quite believe.

Macho, Macho Man!The first question was along the lines of, "What resources do you need for (blah blah blah)?" Before I knew what I was saying, I replied: "A wet bar, a disco ball, and a raise."

Thankfully, this got a big laugh. I'm not sure what I would have done if they'd taken offense. Laughing, the VP said he wasn't sure he could get us a wet bar.

But he didn't say no. ;)

==================

Side note: In the comments for yesterday's blog story, Mad Dogg suggests that I should post a pic of my car (which I *still* don't have back yet, thanks to a body shop that treats deadlines the same way Mad Dogg does). So it's a pic you want? Well, here ya go.

Yeah, this is my ride. Sure. And if you believe that, you'll believe that she's my nurse.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So then when do you get the disco ball and the raise? Two outta three ain't bad.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know when you get the disco ball... my dad's polyester suit is crying to cut loose.

~Boy Wonder - Master of Disguise

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cold brother cold....
Besides its not missing a deadline, it's being "artistic"

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Now that's a car!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home