Friday, July 06, 2007

Mid-Week Weekend

DespairThese past two days have felt like a mid-week weekend. Which means today feels a bit like a Monday. Only, there's no lingering cloud of despair, 'cause it's also a Friday.

I could get used to these 1-day work weeks.

I'm small and cute. Love me!For my birthday (a month ago), my wife got me a small apartment-sized grill. Then, the skies opened up. Here in Oklahoma, we're finally coming out of a month-long rainy season.

Therefore, with much pomp and circumstance, I grilled for the first time yesterday. Yay me!

I decided to grill something easy. I tried hot dogs.

Gah!It's probably not fair to say that it was a total disaster. That would imply that I burnt down buildings. It's probably also not fair to say it was a disaster (sans adjective). That would imply that I burnt some or all of the lunch.

I think "futile" comes close to describing the effort. "Mostly futile".

I got a good fire going. I put the hot dogs on. The fire went away. So did any semblance of heat. I restarted the fire. I put the hot dogs back on. The fire went away. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Don't watch me.Eventually, we put the hot dogs in a pot of water and boiled it on the stove. That seemed to work.

We also got to go to Big Splash yesterday for a while. We swapped the smell of smokey failure for the smell of chlorine. Then it rained.

=====

NOTE: I am going to post the Photoshop Jeff pictures I've received on Monday. Some of you (ahem, Boy Wonder, Jo-Jo) who said you were going to participate need to get those pics in to me!

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Kim has an electric patio sized grill, when I don't want to mess with charcoal, or gas, (she has a gas grill too), it works wonders always heats!!!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger V said...

They make a book.

http://www.amazon.com/Grilling-Dummies-Marie-Rama/dp/0764550764/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-2949702-6676461?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183825318&sr=8-1

You might find it useful. :)

V

 

Post a Comment

<< Home