Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Musings From Sunday

My church kicks hinder. Why? Because it starts at 10 on Sunday mornings, instead of 10:30 like most do. That means we're generally out by 11:20 - 11:30. That means that we can easily make it down to Tulsa for lunch before noon. We're done with lunch early enough to easily catch an early afternoon movie matinee, and then be home before dinner.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

ThE MaSTeR WanTS yOU bUt hE CAn'T HavE YoUSunday's lunch was at TGI Friday's. There was a fellow diner there who had some kind of ankle support thing happening. He had long pants on, and they bulged big-time right where the bell-bottoms would have been 3 decades ago. I'm sure there was a legit medical reason for him to need the ankle support. It just looked for all the world like he had watermelons in his pants.

More than meets the eyeThe afternoon movie matinee was Transformers! Ah... sweet nostalgia. This is what they looked like in my imagination, when I was playing with them on the bedroom floor ignoring my mom's requests to come to the table for supper.

Ah, if only this story had a punch-line. Oh well. Imagine something funny, then laugh at it for me. I'll take credit for it. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home