Thursday, July 12, 2007

Short Story

To infinity... AND BEYOND!There's a guy from another department who often comes by our office to say hi. He's an older fellow who I'm going to call "Lightyear".

Lightyear came by a few days ago to say hi. During his brief conversation he referred to Big Dawg as "The New Guy."

After Lightyear had left, I asked, "Does he know you have a name?" "I don't think so," Big Dawg replied with a grin.

Farmer chimed in. "Maybe we should call you by a different name every time he comes in, just to confuse him."

This thought amused me, so I carried it a little further. "Hey Lightyear, have you met Barry? He's new. Hey Lightyear, have you met Roger? He's new." Then I went for the punchline. "Hey Lightyear, have you met Melinda?"

Melinda!It's advisable not to picture Big Dawg as a "Melinda". Your mind's eye might go blind.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

GAH my minds eye!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home