Wednesday, July 02, 2008

New Computer

Thanks to the events in the "Upgrades" story, I wound up with a new computer and a very poor opinion of the old one. We have a desk set up at work for a new-hire, so our I.T. guys put my old computer over there for now.

Anyone wanna rock n' roll all night?I was talking to SWoaN (She Without A Nickname) later that day, and she asked where my old computer had gone. I pointed it out and said, "There's the demon computer."

SWoaN laughed and said, "Well, maybe I.T. can un-demon it."

Solid-State Storage is next to Godliness!I'm no angel, but I'll give you wingsI love that terminology. I know full well that I.T. will un-demon it by formatting and reinstalling everything. Even so, I can picture one of the Desktop Support guys wearing a white robe and a sash made of power cables, holding a USB Hard Drive emblazoned with a cross in one hand and a can of Red Bull in the other. He'll sprinkle that "holy water" on the computer and recite the mantra, "Oh wise Microsoft, have mercy on this, thy PC, from now until the day of your return; or to be more specific, when we find the dang installation disk again. Amen."

I'm going to make an effort to incorporate the phrase "un-demon it" into ordinary conversation from now on. Join me in this, won't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home