Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Name Change

Proud participants of 'Talk Like A Pirate Day'... yar!A player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has legally changed his name from "Greg White" to "Stylez G. White". The name change was inspired by the name of the "best friend" character in the movie "Teen Wolf".

Are you the gatekeeper?I know what you're thinking... "An obscure character from an 80's movie? Why didn't *I* think of it first? I wonder if 'Lewis Tully' is taken?"

Other notable potential name changes:

Dick Cheney...
... could change his name to 'Rick Deckard' because of their shared interest in shooting creatures (lawyers, replicants) who resemble humans.

Keith Olbermann...
... could change his name to 'Frank Drebin' in an effort to be taken more seriously.

Larry Craig...
... could change his name to 'Remo Williams' in an effort to bump up his street 'cred.

(NFL Commisioner) Roger Goodell...
... could change his name to 'Roger Murtaugh', since he's an authority figure who has to work with crazy people.

Oprah Winfrey...
... could change her name to 'Tony Montana' as she begins to shift tactics in the building of her empire.

I could go on, but I suspect the 80's references are *just* dated enough to kill the humor in this.

Oh! Nice choice.Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna turn in my paperwork to get my name changed to "Irwin Fletcher".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home