Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Obamania!

A grinch has stolen my Chritmas...My wife's friend Cat is a hard-core Republican. So is her entire family... parents, cousins, hubby, hubby's family... all except Gramma, that is.

A few weeks before the election, Gramma announced during a large family gathering that she was going to vote for Obama. It's a miracle she got out of there alive.

After the election, there were lots of conversations involving Gramma saying words to the effect of, "Now you'll see", and the rest of the family saying, "Shut up Gramma." If not for that whole pesky "Gift of Life" thing, I think they would have driven her out to the middle of nowhere and left her for dead by now.

I'm so glad to be out of Illinois!And now, we have the pinnacle of partisan joy. Gramma has announced that *everybody* in Cat's family is going to get an Obama commemorative plate for Christmas this year.

My malicious side loves this. 'Tis the season for gifts I know you'll hate! I hear she's also buying up some hair gel for Howie Mandel and a speedo for Santa.

I did a quick search for other Obama merchandise. I'm not making any of the following up:

'Change' you can believe in! Ha!Commemorative Silver coins
Yeah, I know. Nothing unusual here, unless you consider that the coin features an ape-man-ish monster and a turkey with the legs of an olympic power-lifter. Moving on...


Hands off my BlackberryMousepad?
Startin' to get weird here... I want to celebrate history by mashing a egg-ish blarg of plastic down on his face and rubbin' real hard!


Is there any way I can make a joke about the 'flesh' colored Crayons without being lynched?Coloring Book!
This one is so weird I'm including a link so you can share my confusion. I thought that "coloring book" wasn't PC enough for us anymore... I'm surprised they didn't call it a "Tome of Paint Pages" or something.


Obama-Mama? Is that in the spirit of the season?Christmas Ornament
If you put political ornaments (for ANY candidate) on your tree, then I don't wanna be your friend anymore.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry ICanSpell. You are now dead to Jeff.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

ROFL

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you know I have political ornaments on my tree? Actually, I do have a nice ornament urging us to not send our dollars to Washington, but to send Don Nickels instead. I also have the White House ornament from last year, but that's not so much a candidate, so I guess I'm okay there. I do seem to have an awful lot of elephants, though... hmmm

This is the Obama ornament I'm recommending this Christmas. The "O come all ye faithful" theme might refer to Christians... or to Obamamanics, who can tell?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home